Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holidays

Cassie says it's been too long since my last post and I need to add to my blog. So I thought I would take a few minutes since I'm not doing anything today and do just that.
I wanted to start by saying that being home on leave was amazing. Cassie and I had a great time on our cruise and we able to spend a lot of good quality time together. We had great experiences on all of the islands that we went too. We also had great dinner company. The two couples that we sat with at dinner had a lot of things in common with us, which made for great dinner conversations.

Thanksgiving was a lot different this year for me. It was hard being so far away from family, but the dining facility staff did a lot to make us feel like we were at home. They mad us a great meal, not like home cooking, but it was still very good. I know it's just as hard for them to be away from their families, but it was nice to have them do that for us. I'm sure the next few weeks leading up to Christmas will be just as hard but I have a great group of people here that I work with and we all make it more like being with family. I've done Thanksgiving away from family before, during basic and AIT, but this will be my first Christmas away from my family. Over here it will probably just be another day. The dfac will probably make us a nice meal to make us feel like home but I will most likely be working that day.

I am on the down side now. roughly 90 more days before we start getting everything ready to go home. These next 3 months can't go by quick enough. While I have enjoyed my time and experiences here, I am completely ready to be home.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment