Monday, October 25, 2010

R&R

I am currently on my way home for R&R. The past few days have been extremely long and tiring. But it was good to be able to spend some time with my buddy Filkins, while I was at Bagram. I miss hanging out with him. He needs someone to be there for him right now. He's going through some tough times. Thursday morning I left my FOB and started my way back to Bagram so I could go on leave. I got stuck at Jalalabad Thursday night because of a sand storm. But I made it back to Bagram on Friday morning. Spent two days there and flew out on Saturday night. No one thought we would get out so quick but we did. Now I am in Kuwait, stuck here for a little longer. I got here around 10 Sunday morning. I would have gotten to fly out last night had I not had any checked luggage but for some reason I brought way to much stuff with me and I wanted to bring some home. I'm ok with it though. I didn't want to be home before Tuesday anyway. This way I have a couple days after the cruise to get ready to go back. Kuwait isn't to bad of a place. It's really hot here, but they have Pizza Hut, McDonald's and KFC. I'm glad that we don't have anything like that at my FOB. I'd go broke and put on a lot more weight. I now am just waiting out the morning and will be put on lockdown this afternoon. If all goes well I will be home very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment