Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Slow days

The past week and a half has been really slow. The Afghan people started Ramadan last Tuesday, which is a month long religous period. We only train for a hour or so becuase during this month they can not eat or drink from sun up til sun down, and they pray a lot more during the day. Since this started we have only trained 2 or 3 times. The first few days they didn't show up cause they were doing religous training during our training time. So things are kinda boring right now. Since there isn't a whole to do on this FOB I find myself sitting in my bunk a lot. Sometimes watching movies, sometimes sleeping and sometimes talking with my roommate and of course occasionally talking to myself. I wish I could say that I was talking to myself because the heat was getting to me but I'll admit I do it quite often. I am currently just sitting on my bunk, about to fall asleep but trying not to. I am on fuel detail today. At 0800, thats 8 am, I had to fuel all the generators that power our Toc, and I will do it again at 1900, 7pm. It only takes about an hour but that cuts into my gym time so I really don't like doing it. Oh well, I will just have to work harder tomorrow. Well I suppose I will just watch a movie and fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment